These words are commonly used by DUSK members and associates:
(A guide to the DUSK vocabulary)
- Aight- 1)okay, alright. "That's aight, I don't mind."
- Buh-Bye- 1)bye, take care, see ya. "Nice seeing you. Buh-Bye!"
- C.D.I.- 1)Can't Do It. "Bystander 1: Dave, can you wash my bicycle? Bystander 2: C.D.I.!"
- Cliff- 1)The location that the band plays at the Clinton Arena, a cliff about 11 feet from the ground. "Are you guys psyched about playing on the cliff?"
- Clutch- 1)To show a sign of approval. 2)to think something is a good thing. "Bystander 1: Dude, do you want to go to the hockey game? Bystander 2: Sure, that would be so clutch!"
- Come on!- 1)Yelled when you need something done. 2)Written: "C'mon". "Come on! Let's get something done you L'sers!"
- D'eetst- 1)Said when expressing fierce emotions. "Josh: Dave, could you please carry the speakers up to the cliff? Dave: D'eetst"
- Ella- 1)yes, sure. "Bystander 1: Would you like some apples? Bystander 2: Ella!"
- Ella Big Time- 1)definitely, much more forceful than 'ella'. "Bystander 1: We are going to a DUSK concert tonight, would you like to come with us?Bystander 2: Ella Big Time!"
- Green- 1)also known as the Village Green, it is located in the center of DUSK's home, Clinton, New York. "Did you see DUSK play at the green last night?"
- Hah?- 1)pronounced with a raspy "n" sound, used after 'you did, didn't you?' or 'it was wasn't it?' and said about 100 times. "You did, didn't you? Hah?...Hah?"
- I don't want to talk about it- 1)Said if you don't want to talk about it. "Hey Kev, do you want to talk about it? No, I don't want to talk about it."
- In the cooler- 1)A phrase used during the hockey season meaning "next goal song" so the band knows what the next song to play is when Clinton scores. "ESPN Sportscenter is in the cooler."
- It was, wasn't it?- 1)used in a pushy manner, to make sure something is how you say it is.(used pushily) Bystander 1: After the concert I checked out some cars. That Mustang was nice. Bystander 2: It was, wasn't it"
- LBT- 1)the measurement of loser in your bloodstream. 2)Loser Big Time. "Bystander 1: What is your blood LBT level? Bystander 2: 140%."
- L'ser- 1)an abbreviation for loser. "Why are you such an l'ser?"
- Nomes- 1)literal meaning "not much". "Dave: Hey Josh, What's up? Josh: Nomes."
- No Mo- 1)literal meaning "not much". A lazy way to say it. "Bystander 1: Hey Bill, what are you up to? Bill: No Mo."
- Nyaah- 1)Said when expressing fierce emotions. "Josh: Dave, could you carry the speakers up to the cliff? Dave: Nyaah."
- Oh Ella- 1)Normally used as a question, it literally means "really?" or "it does". "Josh: I have a new way to run the band. Dave: Oh Ella?"
- On tap- 1)A phrase used during hockey games by the band members meaning "next song". This way, the band knows what song to play at a whistle. "Josh, Greatest American is on tap."
- See ya lay- 1)Goodbye. 2)Take care. "Bystander 1: Buh-Bye. Bystander 2: See ya lay."
- Sorky- 1)An insult on a person, usually involving intelligence. "Jon, why are you being such a sorky?"
- 'Sup- 1)used when trying to be cooler than you actually are. 2)a shorter version of "what's up?" 3)Hello. "Bystander 1: 'Sup? Bystander 2: 'Sup?"
- Sure are- 1)said to mean you agree, you will.(used improperly) "Bystander 1: Wow, that is a nice car! Bystander 2: Sure are!"
- Sure can- 1)you can, you are able to(used improperly) "Bystander 1: Bobby, did you go to the store for me like I asked?Bobby: Sure can!"
- Sure is- 1)Used when admitting something is nice or ugly, etc.(used improperly) "Mrs. Stevens: Billy, those are really nice flying goats, aren't they? Billy Stevens: They Sure Is , Mommy."
- Sure roar- 1)similar to 'Sure are' but with more force. 2)where the name 'Crasheroar' evolved.(used improperly) "Switch: Crash, are you coming over to write some music? Crash: Sure roar!"
- Sure will- 1)you will, you are going to.(used improperly) "Bystander 1: Do you want to go to the house tonight? Bystander 2: Sure will!"
- Tintinabulation- 1)a ringing in the ears. "The tintinabulation of the music is still ringing in my ears."
- Trash- 1)a synonym for garbage. "Boy oh boy, that music was trash ."
- Uh ha ha-Uh ha ha- 1)A special kind of laugh. "Jon is such a silly kid, uh ha ha-uh ha ha."
- You did, didn't you?- 1)used in a pushy manner, to make sure you did something.(used pushily) "Bystander 1: So I went to the bar last night. Bystander 2: You did, didn't you?"
- Zimbabwe- 1)a country in Southern Africa where DUSK camping trips and other activities are held, and where the band pretends to go. "Boy, the Zimbabwe Safari sure was fun!."
· The Listening Booth
You can contact DUSK at: